Monday, 4 August 2014

Piano

Somewhere to place my coffee...

"Life is like a piano - what you get out of it depends on how you play it!"

Where it all began...

I began playing piano just over 7 months ago now. It has indeed become part of me, like an extra arm or leg - I would feel very much useless without it. At the beginning, I was using a small 32 key keyboard and was it proving extremely difficult to play the pieces I adored. My parents being the sort of people who wanted what is best more me... they suggested I plod along on my small keyboard for the time being and wait until I was serious about pursuing piano as a real hobby before buying a new one. Taking their advice (parents are always right), I practiced and practiced until I felt confident enough to grow out of my little keyboard friend and move onto a larger 76 key piano.


Feeling the music...

I wanted to prove to myself and of course to my parents that I was dedicated. After all, I was very interested in Piano and whenever I play it, even now, I feel that it is something that has been missing in my life. To have found my perfect hobby means a lot to me, I feel very focused in my life generally now that I have encountered a piano and learned what it is like to be truly focused on something special to me. Before choosing a piano I would practice on an 88 key piano at my friend's house whenever they were free. This really gave me the feel for what playing piano means and it also helped me get used to the larger, more professional pianist lifestyle. 


Le Onde - Ludovico Einaudi

Inspiration...

Many people have contributed to my love of music. One being my father. Having attended Guildhall School of Music and Drama, my father is a very dedicated guitarist and musician. I have always looked up to him for guidance and to admire his talents. Another positive inspiration has been my tutor at school - also a very talented person... winning Pianist of the year in 2009 and being a firm believer of hard work, dedication and self-confidence can get you anywhere she has definitely contributed to my constant yearning to be able to play piano and read music properly. I adore classical pieces and modern classical pieces from masters such as "Ludovico Einaudi, Frederic Chopin, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Johann Sebastian Bach, and Erik Satie: just to name a few".

I now have my own piano to practice on and I can confidently say I am very proud of my achievements regarding my skills that I have learned so far. I one day hope to be as good as the great musicians I am lucky to be surrounded by. Oh, and I now have somewhere to place my coffee :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment